Pine Harbor in McIntosh County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Colonel John McIntosh
A member of the family of Scottish Highlanders who led in the settlement of Darien and for whom the county of McIntosh was named, Col. McIntosh had a long and distinguished military career, serving throughout the Revolution and the War of 1812.
Erected 1955 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 095-4.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 31° 32.761′ N, 81° 22.576′ W. Marker is in Pine Harbor, Georgia, in McIntosh County. Touch for map. 2.8 miles E of US 17, 2.2 mi N of Eulonia at Cemetery on Fairhope Rd. Marker is at or near this postal address: Fairhope Rd, Crescent GA 31304, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Captain William McIntosh (here, next to this marker); Mallow Plantation Old Belleville or Troup Cemetery (approx. 1.1 miles away); Baisden's Bluff Academy (approx. 2.6 miles away); John Houstoun McIntosh (approx. 2.7 miles away); Rice Hope (approx. 2.7 miles away); Old Court House at Sapelo Bridge (approx. 3 miles away); Sutherland's Bluff (approx. 3.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pine Harbor.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. Another marker about the McIntosh Family
Also see . . . The History of Georgia By Charles Colcock Jones, page 309-310. Excerpt - "Sunbury Invested by Fuser" demand to Col. McIntosh to surrender Fort Morris (Submitted on February 17, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Categories. • Notable Persons • War of 1812 • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 17, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 2,353 times since then and 79 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on February 17, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.