Warsaw in Kosciusko County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
M3A3 Stuart Tank
3,427 Produced by American Car & Foundry
—September 1942 to September 1943 —
Celebrating the dedication of the National World War II Memorial, Washington, DC, May 29th, 2004
"A Grateful Nation Remembers"
Location. 41° 14.335′ N, 85° 51.464′ W. Marker is in Warsaw, Indiana, in Kosciusko County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street and Lake Street, on the right when traveling east on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker and tank are on the northwest grounds of the county courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Warsaw IN 46580, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. General Tadeusz "Thaddeus" Kosciuszko (within shouting distance of this marker); Kosciusko County War Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Kosciusko County Civil War Memorial (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Indiana’s Glacier Lakes (about 500 feet away); Kosciusko County Jail (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Lincoln Highway (approx. 0.3 miles away); Site of Cowen Grove Seminary (approx. 0.4 miles away); a different marker also named The Lincoln Highway (approx. 2.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Warsaw.
Categories. • Heroes • Industry & Commerce • Military • Patriots & Patriotism • War, World II •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 19, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 3,169 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 19, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.