Newington in Screven County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
North Newington Baptist Church
Affiliated with the Carolina Assn. at first, the Savannah River Assn. in 1802, the Sunbury Assn. in 1830, this church has been a member of the Baptist Middle Assn. since 1841.
Early officers were: Pastors, John L. Southwell, Isaac Nichols, Wm. Spiers, Wm. W. Lee; Deacons, Thos. Polhill, Wm. Mathers, Benj. Fox, Josiah Fox, James Goldwire, Daniel Dampers, Paul B. Colson; Clerks, David Fox, Thos. Fox, Henry W. Williams.
Erected 1959 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 124-14.)
Marker series. This marker is included in Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 36.044′ N, 81° 29.115′ W. Marker is in Newington, Georgia, in Screven County. Marker is at the intersection of Newington Highway (State Highway 24) and Church Road, on the right when traveling west on Newington Highway. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 11572 Newington Hwy, Newington GA 30446, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. British Headquarters (approx. 1.3 miles away); Middle Ground Baptist Church (approx. 3.7 miles away); The Confederate Line (approx. 6.1 miles away); Washington Slept Here (approx. 8.3 miles away); Sherman's Advance (approx. 10 miles away); Old Mount Pleasant (approx. 10.2 miles away); Lawtonville Church (approx. 10.9 miles away in South Carolina); 1804 New Hope Methodist Church (approx. 11.2 miles away).
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 24, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,435 times since then and 59 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on February 24, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.