Near Gettysburg in Adams County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Battery A, 1st New Jersey Artillery
From its position in
reserves s.w. of Powers'
Hill Galloped into action
at 3 p.m. July 3, 1863.
Fired 120 rounds shrapnel
at Pickett's column and
80 shell at a battery
in left front
Erected by the
State of New Jersey 1888
Hexamer's New Jersey
commanded in this battle by Firs Lieutenant
Augustine N. Parsons
to June 22. 1865.
Engaged in 30 battles.
Position in action 45 yards E. of this stone.
Erected 1888 by State of New Jersey.
Location. 39° 48.449′ N, 77° 14.128′ W. Marker is near Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, in Adams County. Marker is on Hancock Avenue, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Located in near the Pennsylvania Memorial on Cemetery Ridge in Gettysburg National Military Park. Marker is in this post office area: Gettysburg PA 17325, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Pennsylvania Memorial (here, next to this marker); a different marker also named Pennsylvania Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Batteries C & F, Pennsylvania Independent Light Artillery (a few steps from this marker); Battery C, Fourth U.S. Artillery (within shouting distance of this marker); Pennsylvania State Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); First Regular Brigade (within shouting distance of this marker); Ninth Michigan Battery (within shouting distance of this marker); 17th Maine Infantry (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Gettysburg.
Also see . . . Cemetery Ridge. National Park Service virtual tour stop. (Submitted on February 28, 2009, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 28, 2009, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 804 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on February 28, 2009, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.