Roswell in Fulton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Kings, father and son, bought the land where Roswell stands, organized the Roswell Manufacturing Company which was incorporated in 1839 with Barrington King as president, and laid out the town with wide streets and a park. They gave building sites for the Presbyterian and Methodist churches and for the Academy, and to the six families (which included the family of Barrington King) who formed the colony of Roswell.
Erected 1958 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 060-125.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 34° 0.848′ N, 84° 21.854′ W. Marker is in Roswell, Georgia, in Fulton County. Marker is at the intersection of Marietta Road (Georgia Route Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 535 Barrington Drive, Roswell GA 30075, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Bulloch Hall (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Old Bricks (approx. 0.2 miles away); Roswell Factory (approx. 0.2 miles away); Roswell Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); Roswell’s Distinguished Men (approx. 0.4 miles away); Founders' Cemetery (approx. half a mile away); The Archibald Smith Plantation Home, Outbuildings and Grounds (approx. 0.7 miles away); Francis Robert Goulding (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Roswell.
Also see . . . Historic Barrington Hall - website. A history and additional details on Barrington Hall, which is now open to the pubic. (Submitted on March 7, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Notable Buildings • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 4, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 920 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 4, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.