Sevierville in Sevier County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Forks of Little Pigeon Church
100 yards N.E. this Baptist Church, established 1789, was reportedly the first of any denomination in Sevier County. Spencer Clack, a Revolutionary veteran, was first church clerk; Richard Wood first pastor until his death in 1831. The church has moved to new location; the old cemetery remains.
Erected by Tennessee Historical Commission. (Marker Number 1C 14.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Tennessee Historical Commission marker series.
Location. 35° 52.154′ N, 83° 33.74′ W. Marker is in Sevierville, Tennessee, in Sevier County. Marker is on Emert Ave.. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Sevierville TN 37876, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Forks of The River Cemetery Park (here, next to this marker); Forks of the Little Pigeon Cemetery (here, next to this marker); James McMahan (approx. 0.2 miles away); Isaac Thomas (approx. 0.2 miles away); Timothy Reagan (approx. 0.2 miles away); Thomas Atchley (approx. 0.2 miles away); Sevierville (approx. 0.2 miles away); James Crawford Murphy (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sevierville.
Also see . . . First Baptist Church Sevierville: Our History. (Submitted on June 19, 2018, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.)
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 19, 2018. This page originally submitted on March 16, 2009, by Stanley and Terrie Howard of Greer, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 899 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on March 16, 2009, by Stanley and Terrie Howard of Greer, South Carolina. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.