Columbus in Franklin County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The First Telephone Central Oﬃce in Columbus Ohio
N. C. Kingsbury Chapter No. 2, Telephone Pioneers of America placed this tablet on the 70th anniversary of the first transmission of speech by telephone on March 10, 1876
Erected 1946 by N. C. Kingsbury Chapter No. 2, Telephone Pioneers of America.
Location. 39° 57.895′ N, 83° 0.035′ W. Marker is in Columbus, Ohio, in Franklin County. Marker is on Long Street (U.S. 33), on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is just east of High Street intersection. Marker is at or near this postal address: 9 E. Long Street, Columbus OH 43215, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Columbia Building (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); American Federation of Labor / United Mine Workers of America (about 800 feet away); William Green, Labor Leader / The Columbus Streetcar Strike, 1910 (about 800 feet away); Charity Newsies (approx. 0.2 miles away); Trinity Episcopal Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); James A. Rhodes (approx. 0.2 miles away); The State House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Intersect (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Columbus.
Categories. • Communications • Notable Events •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 18, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,210 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 18, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.