Village of Lake George in Warren County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Old Court House
Sept. 1813 - 1963.
Built in 1845, now
home of Lake George
Erected by New York State Education Department.
Location. 43° 25.567′ N, 73° 42.733′ W. Marker is in Village of Lake George, New York, in Warren County. Marker is on Canada Street (U.S. 9), on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. The Court House is located on the corner of Canada Street (US Route 9) and Lower Amherst Street towards the north end of the Lake George Village. Marker is in this post office area: Lake George NY 12845, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Sunken Fleet (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Ethan Allen tour boat tragedy (about 300 feet away); Montcalm's Camp (approx. 0.2 miles away); Warship Row (approx. ¼ mile away); Lake George (approx. ¼ mile away); Northwest Bastion (approx. 0.4 miles away); Royal Sussex Regiment Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); Northeast Bastion (approx. 0.4 miles away).
Regarding Old Court House. The Court House is also the home of the Lake George Arts Project.
Categories. • Government •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 27, 2009, by John Farrell of Lake George, New York. This page has been viewed 606 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 27, 2009, by John Farrell of Lake George, New York. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.