Petersburg, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
General Lee's Headquarters
Virginia Conservation & Development Commission. For the City of Petersburg 1931.
Erected 1931 by Virginia Conservation & Development Commission. (Marker Number QA-7.)
Location. 37° 13.596′ N, 77° 24.632′ W. Marker is in Petersburg, Virginia. Marker is at the intersection of West Washington Street (U.S. 1) and Lafayette Street, on the right when traveling west on West Washington Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Petersburg VA 23803, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Joseph Cotten (within shouting distance of this marker); Folly Castle (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Two Noted Homes (approx. 0.2 miles away); Grace Episcopal Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); North Carolina Confederate Hospital (approx. ¼ mile away); Fort Henry Lincoln In Petersburg (approx. 0.3 miles away); St. Paul's Church (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Petersburg.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 2, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 3,075 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 2, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.