Petersburg, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Virginia Conservation & Development Commission
For the City of Petersburg 1931
Erected 1931 by Virginia Conservation & Development Commission. (Marker Number QA-1.)
Location. 37° 13.607′ N, 77° 24.57′ W. Marker is in Petersburg, Virginia. Marker is at the intersection of West Washington Street (U.S. 1) and Perry Street, on the right when traveling west on West Washington Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Petersburg VA 23803, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. General Lee's Headquarters (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Joseph Cotten (about 600 feet away); Two Noted Homes (about 800 feet away); North Carolina Confederate Hospital (approx. 0.2 miles away); Grace Episcopal Church (approx. ¼ mile away); Lincoln In Petersburg St. Paul's Church (approx. ¼ mile away); Old U.S. Customs House & Post Office (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Petersburg.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Notable Buildings • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 3, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,037 times since then and 47 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 3, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.