New Kent in New Kent County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
New Kent Courthouse
Erected 1942 by Virginia Conservation Commission. (Marker Number WO-16.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the The Washington-Rochambeau Route marker series.
Location. 37° 31.069′ N, 76° 58.697′ W. Marker is in New Kent, Virginia, in New Kent County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of New Kent Highway and Courthouse Circle. Touch for map. The marker is located on the lawn in front of the New Kent County Courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: New Kent VA 23124, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. James Lafayette (here, next to this marker); Martha Washington's Birthplace (within shouting distance of this marker); John Parke Custis (within shouting distance of this marker); A Tale of Three Structures (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Wilson House: Witness to Three Centuries (about 600 feet away); McClellan’s Camp at Cumberland Landing (approx. 1.3 miles away); French Cannon at Cumberland Landing (approx. 1.3 miles away); Cumberland Town (approx. 1.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Kent.
Also see . . . New Kent net. New Kent County Virginia History. (Submitted on April 7, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
Categories. • War, US Civil • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 7, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,010 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on April 7, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.