Columbus in Muscogee County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
—Soldier –- American Revolution —
Erected 1990 by Historic Chattahoochee Commission; Coweta Falls Chapter, Sons of the American Revolution; Oglethorpe, George Walton, and Button Gwinnett Chapters of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution, and the Sons of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 32° 31.406′ N, 84° 54.943′ W. Marker is in Columbus, Georgia, in Muscogee County. Marker is at the intersection of Warm Springs Road and Miller Road, on the right when traveling north on Warm Springs Road. Touch for map. Marker and cemetery are located in front of a gasoline station and convenience store, at the edge
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Textile and Banking Pioneer (approx. 3.3 miles away); Liberty Hill Baptist Church (approx. 3.5 miles away); St. Elmo (approx. 3.8 miles away); Leonard Spring (approx. 3.8 miles away); “Wildwood” (approx. 3.9 miles away); “Blind Tom” (approx. 4 miles away); 1918 Diamond Jubilee 1993 Camp Benning / Fort Benning (approx. 4 miles away); He Helped Bring And Keep Fort Benning (approx. 4.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Columbus.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 9, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 10, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,423 times since then and 66 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on April 10, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 9, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.