Framingham in Middlesex County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
Gen. Henry Knox Trail
General Henry Knox
in the winter of
1775 – 1776
to deliver to
General George Washington
the train of artillery
from Fort Ticonderoga used
to force the British Army
to evacuate Boston.
Erected by the Commonwealth
of Massachusetts 1927
Erected 1927 by Commonwealth of Massachusetts. (Marker Number MA-21.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the General Henry Knox Trail marker series.
Location. 42° 18.039′ N, 71° 26.081′ W. Marker is in Framingham, Massachusetts, in Middlesex County. Marker is at the intersection of Edgell Road (Massachusetts Route 30) and Worcester Road (Massachusetts Route 9), on the right when traveling south on Edgell Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Framingham MA 01702, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Site of Eames Massacre (approx. 0.9 miles away); Pike Haven Homestead (approx. one mile away); Knox Trail (approx. 3.3 miles away); Washington at the Wayside Inn (approx. 4.3 miles away); Hop Brook Mill Sudbury Fight (approx. 4.4 miles away); Sherborn (approx. 4.6 miles away); The Goodnow Garrison House (approx. 4.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Framingham.
More about this marker. The top of the marker contains a bas relief bronze plaque depicting Gen. Knox overseeing a train of ox-drawn sleds.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. These markers follow the route used by Knox to transfer cannons from Fort Ticonderoga to Cambridge, Mass.
Also see . . .
1. The Knox Trail - History. (Submitted on April 13, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
2. Major General Henry Knox. Knox biography from the American Revolution website. (Submitted on April 13, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Notable Events • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 13, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,812 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 13, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.