Baltimore, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Union Soldiers and Sailors Monument
[East face, center:] Erected by the State of Maryland to commemorate the patriotism and heroic courage of her sons who on land and sea fought for the preservation of the Federal Union in the Civil War, 1861 - 1865.
SCVTO BONAE VOLVNTATIS TVE CORONASTI NOS
[North Panel:] The erection of this monument was authorized by the Assembly of Maryland Act approved April 15th 1906, Chapter 539.
[South Panel:} Commission
John R. King, President; C. Augustus E. Spamer, Secretary.
Richard N. Bowerman; James Campbell; Henry F. Dortman; William Stahl; Yates Stirling; George W. F. Vernon.
Erected 1909 by State of Maryland.
Location. 39° 19.43′ N, 76° 37.072′ W. Marker is in Baltimore, Maryland. Marker is on North Charles Street 0 miles north of 29th Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. In 1959, the monument was relocated to the southeast corner of Wyman Park from its original site in Druid Hill Park. Marker is in this post office area: Baltimore MD 21218, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lee Jackson Monument (was about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line but Spring House or Dairy - c. 1812 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Remington-Wyman World War II Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Sheridan Libraries (approx. 0.4 miles away); Homewood (approx. 0.4 miles away); Keyser Quadrangle (approx. 0.4 miles away); a different marker also named Homewood (approx. 0.4 miles away); World War II Memorial (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Baltimore.
Also see . . . Union Soldiers & Sailors Monument. (Submitted on April 26, 2009, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland.)
Additional keywords. U.S. Army; U.S. Navy; Adolphe A. Weiman.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 26, 2009, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,484 times since then and 64 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. submitted on April 26, 2009, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.