Delaware in Delaware County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Site of the First Ohio State Football Game
The Kroger Company
National City Bank
Dedicated May 3, 2008
Erected 2008 by the Kroger Company, National City Bank, and the Delaware County Historical Society.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Ohio, Delaware County Historical Society marker series.
Location. 40° 17.819′ N, 83° 3.93′ W. Marker is in Delaware, Ohio, in Delaware County. Marker Touch for map. Marker is on the Ohio Wesleyan University campus, about 100 feet northwest of the Sulphur Spring and Phillips Hall. Marker is in this post office area: Delaware OH 43015, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 1897 Memorial Tree (here, next to this marker); The Sulphur Spring (within shouting distance of this marker); Cherry, Judge, Luckett Memorial (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Elliott Hall (about 400 feet away); University Hall and Gray Chapel (about 500 feet away); Eddy, Kroener, and Riesz Memorial (about 600 feet away); Wesley Branch Rickey (about 700 feet away); Old City Hall and Opera House (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Delaware.
Categories. • Education • Sports •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 26, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,138 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 26, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Christopher Busta-Peck was the editor who published this page.