Berkeley in Alameda County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Berkeley Municipal Rose Garden
City of Berkeley Landmark - Designated in 1995
—Vernon M. Dean, Landscape Architect - 1933-1937 —
The entry overlooking the garden was redesigned by architect Helene Vilett in 1996 and rebuilt with community donations and funds from the City.
Berkeley Historical Plaque Project 1998
Erected 1998 by City of Berkeley.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Works Progress Administration (WPA) projects marker series.
Location. 37° 53.11′ N, 122° Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Berkeley CA 94704, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Rose Walk (approx. 0.2 miles away); La Loma Steps (approx. ¼ mile away); Site of Napoleon Bonaparte Byrne House (approx. ¼ mile away); Site of Hunrick Grocery Store (approx. 0.3 miles away); Hillside School (approx. 0.3 miles away); Live Oak Park (approx. 0.4 miles away); Annie and Bernard Maybeck House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Hillside Club (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Berkeley.
More about this marker. The marker is located at the entrance of the Rose Garden, about 15 feet from the sidewalk, mounted on a cement retaining wall adjacent to the steps leading down into the garden.
Also see . . .
1. Friends of the Rose Garden. The Friends of the Rose Garden webpage, giving a brief overview of the history of the Garden. (Submitted on May 4, 2009.)
2. Municpal Rose Garden. Berkeley Landmarks' webpage history of the Berkeley Municipal Rose Garden, with pictures. (Submitted on May 4, 2009.)
Categories. • Horticulture & Forestry •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 4, 2009, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 1,922 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on May 4, 2009, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.