Atlanta in Fulton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Eternal Flame Of The Confederacy
of the Old Guard
and Atlanta Chapter U.D.C.
A.D. 1919 in memory of
Andrew J. West.
Captain C.S.A.-General U.C.V.
The damage at the base of
this lamp post was caused
by a shell during The War
Between the States,
Battle of Atlanta
July 22nd 1864.
The Eternal Flame
Of The Confederacy
Lighted during the
"Gone With The Wind" festivities
December 14, 1939,
Old Guard Battalion
of the Gate City Guard.
Erected 1939 by Old Guard Battalion.
Marker series. This marker is included in the United Daughters of the Confederacy marker series.
Location. 33° 45.141′ N, 84° 23.391′ W. Marker is in Atlanta, Georgia, in Fulton County. Touch for map. Located within Underground Atlanta at the entrance to the Five points MARTA station. If entering from Central Ave. entrance follow the MARTA signs. Marker is in this post office area: Atlanta GA 30303, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Georgia Railroad Freight Depot (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Burning and Destruction of Atlanta Fulton County (about 600 feet away); Immaculate Conception Church (about 600 feet away); Historic Ground (approx. 0.2 miles away); John Brown Gordon (approx. 0.2 miles away); Transfer of Command (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Battle of Atlanta (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Atlanta.
Also see . . .
1. The Atlanta Time Machine Website. (Submitted on May 4, 2009, by David Tibbs of Resaca, Georgia.)
2. Historic Underground Atlanta. (Submitted on May 8, 2009, by David Tibbs of Resaca, Georgia.)
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 4, 2009, by David Tibbs of Resaca, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,865 times since then and 69 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 4, 2009, by David Tibbs of Resaca, Georgia. 3. submitted on May 8, 2009, by David Tibbs of Resaca, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.