Near Terre Haute in Vigo County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Fort William Henry Harrison
1811 - - 1822
De-activated in 1822.
Erected 1960 by Indiana Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 39° 30.402′ N, 87° 24.428′ W. Marker is near Terre Haute, Indiana, in Vigo County. Marker is at the intersection of U.S. 41 and Fort Harrison Road, on the right when traveling south on U.S. 41. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Terre Haute IN 47801, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Unknown Embattled Defenders of Fort Harrison (approx. 0.3 miles away); Burial Ground Fort William Harrison (approx. 0.3 miles away); 1812 - - Fort Harrison - - 1912 (approx. 0.3 miles away); Charles Gene Abrell (approx. 0.9 miles away); Gold Medal Plaza (approx. 1.1 miles away); Twelve Points Union Hospital (approx. 1½ miles away); Confederate Soldiers Buried in this Cemetery (approx. 1.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Terre Haute.
Categories. • Forts, Castles • War of 1812 •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 9, 2009, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. This page has been viewed 3,063 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on June 9, 2009, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.