Woodbridge in Middlesex County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
St. James School
United States Constitution Bicentennial
On this site
in September 1890, Mother M. Joseph and Sisters M. Sebastian, M. Baptist and M. Josephus (Sisters of Mercy) founded St. James School.
The school was located in the frame building which had formerly been the church. The school was moved to Amboy Ave and Greenville Street in 1924.
Location. 40° 33.073′ N, 74° 17.326′ W. Marker is in Woodbridge, New Jersey, in Middlesex County. Marker is on Main Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Woodbridge NJ 07095, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. United States Post Office (approx. 0.3 miles away); Cross Keys Tavern (approx. 0.3 miles away); a different marker also named Cross Keys Tavern (approx. 0.4 miles away); George Washington’s Inauguration (approx. 0.4 miles away); Woodbridge (approx. 0.4 miles away); Great Woodbridge Train Wreck of 1951 (approx. 0.7 miles away); Woodbridge Township (approx. 0.7 miles away); Woodbridge Police Memorial (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Woodbridge.
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 13, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 639 times since then and 35 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 13, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.