Prescott in Yavapai County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
The Bank of Arizona and the Electric Buildings
Next to the bank to the east is the Electric Building, built in 1898, which survived the fire of July 14, 1900. It was then used as a temporary
Erected by City of Prescott.
Location. 34° 32.508′ N, 112° 28.117′ W. Marker is in Prescott, Arizona, in Yavapai County. Marker is at the intersection of Gurley Street (Arizona Route 89) and Cortez Street, on the right when traveling east on Gurley Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Prescott AZ 86301, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Knights of Pythias Building (a few steps from this marker); Prescott National Bank (a few steps from this marker); Site of Territorial Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Bashford Block (within shouting distance of this marker); Solon Hannibal Borglum America's First Cowboy Sculptor (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct The Carnegie Library (about 300 feet away); Head Hotel (about 400 feet away); Plaza Bandstand (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Prescott.
Regarding The Bank of Arizona and the Electric Buildings. This building is part of the Courthouse Plaza Historic District which was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978. - #78003583
Also see . . . Sharlot Hall Museum. Several period photos of the Bank of Arizona are posted on this museum's web site. (Submitted on June 27, 2009.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 27, 2009, by Joseph Cavinato of Fountain Hills, Arizona. This page has been viewed 984 times since then and 39 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on June 27, 2009, by Joseph Cavinato of Fountain Hills, Arizona. 2. submitted on July 13, 2010, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. 3. submitted on June 27, 2009, by Joseph Cavinato of Fountain Hills, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.