Dallas in Paulding County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Davis’ Div. at Dallas
These troops left Resaca, Gordon County, May 16, & marched to Rome via a route W. of the Oostanaula River. Leaving Rome, May 24, the command moved by Peek’s Spring (at Aragon), to Van Wert, where a road E. led via Bishop’s Bridge to Dallas.
Entering the town, Davis’ div. marched E. to the New Hope Church Rd. (State Highway 92) & established an intrenched line on the left of McPherson’s Army of the Tenn. [US].
Erected 1953 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 110-8.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 55.749′ N, 84° 50.626′ W. Marker is in Dallas, Georgia, in Paulding County. Marker is at the intersection of Confederate Avenue (Georgia Route 61) and Polk Avenue, on the left when traveling north on Confederate Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dallas GA 30132, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Paulding County (approx. 0.4 miles away); Dallas - New Hope Line The Orphan Brigade at Dallas (approx. one mile away); Federal Line (approx. 1.4 miles away); Confederate Line (approx. 1.8 miles away); Rt. of Federal Line May 26 -June 1, 1864 (approx. 2 miles away); Army of the Tenn. At Dallas (approx. 2.2 miles away); Left of the Confederate Line (approx. 2.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dallas.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 2, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 845 times since then and 59 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 2, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.