Minisink in Sullivan County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Battle of Minisink
N. Y. and N. J. Militia were
decimated by Mohawks and
Tory raiders of Minisink,
(Port Jervis) under Brant.
Erected 1936 by New York State Education Department.
Location. 41° 28.941′ N, 74° 58.957′ W. Marker is in Minisink, New York, in Sullivan County. Marker is at the intersection of New York State Route 97 and Minisink Battle Ground Road, on the left when traveling north on State Route 97. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Eldred NY 12732, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named Battle of Minisink (within shouting distance of this marker); Bridge (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Life Along the Canal (about 300 feet away); Roebling’s Cable (about 300 feet away); Delaware & Hudson Canal (about 400 feet away); Roebling’s Delaware Aqueduct (about 400 feet away); a different Roebling's Delaware Aqueduct (about 800 feet away in Pennsylvania); Breaking the Ice (about 800 feet away in Pennsylvania). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Minisink.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. Markers that follow the July 1779 raid made by Joseph Brant’s Mohawks and Tories and the subsequent Battle of Minisink.
Also see . . .
1. The Battle of Minisink. The American Revolutionary War website. (Submitted on July 3, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
2. The Battle at Minisink Ford. Minisink Valley Historical Society website. (Submitted on July 3, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Native Americans • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 3, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 804 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 3, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.