Marietta in Washington County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
First Congregational Church
(Immanuel Baptist - Aﬃliated)
The first church in Marietta, organized Dec. 6, 1796. The present building is patterned after the original church, familiarly known to settlers as the “Two Horned Church.”
Visitors are welcome
Erected by First Congregational Church.
Location. 39° 24.923′ N, 81° 27.41′ W. Marker is in Marietta, Ohio, in Washington County. Marker is on Front Street, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 318 Front Street, Marietta OH 45750, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named First Congregational Church (a few steps from this marker); American Union Lodge No. 1, F. & A. M. (within shouting distance of this marker); Muskingum Park (within shouting distance of this marker); Memorial to the “Start Westward of the United States” (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Meigs House (about 300 feet away); Northwest Ordinance Sesquicentennial Columns (about 300 feet away); General Arthur St. Clair (about 300 feet away); Buckley House (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Marietta.
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on May 9, 2017. This page originally submitted on July 8, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 592 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 8, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. 4. submitted on May 9, 2017, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.