Brownsville in Washington County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
St. Luke’s Episcopal Church
—Founded 1837 —
Location. 39° 22.444′ N, 77° 39.989′ W. Marker is in Brownsville, Maryland, in Washington County. Marker is on Boteler Road, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2150 Boteler Road, Brownsville MD 21715, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Battle of Maryland Heights (approx. 0.4 miles away); Brownsville-Burkittsville Pass (approx. 0.6 miles away); Forest of Needwood (approx. 1.7 miles away); “Crampton Gap” (approx. 1.9 miles away); Confederate Retreat (approx. 1.9 miles away); Confederate Forces (approx. 2.3 miles away); Burkittsville (approx. 2.4 miles away); Burkittsville: Henry Burkitt’s Town (approx. 2.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Brownsville.
Also see . . . St. Luke’s Episcopal Church. (Submitted on August 13, 2007, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 13, 2007, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,354 times since then and 52 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 13, 2007, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.