Dallas in Paulding County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
These troops were the right of Federal forces on the Dallas - New Hope Ch. front which had been halted in a flanking move around the Allatoona Mts. by Gen. J. E. Johnston’s forces, deployed to oppose the federal move back to the State R.R..
From lines 4 mi. E., Hardee’s A.C., of Johnston’s Army [CS], faced McPherson. Repeated attempts by Hardee to crush the Federals, failed to dislodge them.
Erected 1953 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 110-12.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 54.85′ N, 84° 49.633′ W. Marker is in Dallas, Georgia, in Paulding County. Marker is on Hardee Street/Merchants Drive 0.1 miles west of Merchants Drive (Georgia Route 6), on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. The marker is .03 mile east of the Nathan Dean Boulevard (Georgia Highway 61) overpass. Marker is in this post office area: Dallas GA 30132, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies Confederate Line (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Orphan Brigade at Dallas (approx. 0.4 miles away); Rt. of Federal Line May 26 -June 1, 1864 (approx. 0.8 miles away); Dallas - New Hope Line (approx. 0.9 miles away); Paulding County (approx. one mile away); Davis' Div. at Dallas (approx. 1.4 miles away); Left of the Confederate Line (approx. 1.6 miles away); Polk’s Corps at Dallas and New Hope Church (approx. 2.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dallas.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 20, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 824 times since then and 60 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 20, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.