Near Shiloh in Hardin County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Byrne's Mississippi Battery
Trabue's Brigade - Breckinridge's Corps
—Army of the Mississippi —
Byrne's Mississippi Battery,
Trabue's (1st) Brig., Breckinridge's Corps,
Army of the Mississippi.
This battery was engaged here Sunday afternoon from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. April 6, 1862.
Erected by Shiloh National Military Park Commission. (Marker Number 451.)
Location. 35° 8.016′ N, 88° 20.516′ W. Marker is near Shiloh, Tennessee, in Hardin County. Marker can be reached from Corinth-Pittsburg Landing Road, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Located on the trail along Ruggles Battery line, in Shiloh National Military Park. Marker is in this post office area: Shiloh TN 38376, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Trabue's Kentucky Battery (within shouting distance of this marker); Hubbard's Arkansas Battery (within shouting distance of this marker); Smith's Mississippi Battery (within shouting distance of this marker); Swett's Mississippi Battery (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); 16th Alabama, 55th Tennessee (about 300 feet away); 154th Tennessee Infantry Bowen's Brigade (about 400 feet away); Statham's Brigade (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Shiloh.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. Byrne's Battery at Shiloh
Also see . . . Byrne's Battery. The battery was formed originally by Edward Byrne, with recruits from Mississippi and Kentucky. Thus the battery is sometimes attributed to both states. (Submitted on July 26, 2009, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 26, 2009, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 582 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 26, 2009, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.