Florida in Orange County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Florida Presbyterian Church
in 1741 by men of Brookland
to erect a Presbyterian Meeting
House. Oldest established
congregation in town of Warwick.
Erected by 250th Anniversary Committee.
Location. 41° 19.931′ N, 74° 21.39′ W. Marker is in Florida, New York, in Orange County. Marker is at the intersection of N Main Street (New York State Route 17A) and Glenmere Avenue, on the right when traveling north on N Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Florida NY 10921, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. William Henry Seward (within shouting distance of this marker); William H. Seward (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Florida (approx. half a mile away); Randallville (approx. 0.6 miles away); Spanktown School (approx. 2.4 miles away); Old Stone Schoolhouse (approx. 3.1 miles away); Hambletonian (approx. 3.2 miles away); Conrad Sly Homestead (approx. 3.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Florida.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Colonial Era •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 26, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 646 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 26, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.