Bartow in Jefferson County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Next day, the two infantry divisions and Michigan Engineers destroyed the track and all railway facilities from this point to the Ogeechee River, then turned north toward Louisville to rejoin the Left Wing.
Erected 1958 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 81-13.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission, and the Shermans March to the Sea marker series.
Location. 32° 52.751′ N, 82° 28.439′ W. Marker is in Bartow, Georgia, in Jefferson County. Marker is on Church Street (U.S. 221) near Wadley Road (U.S. 319), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Bartow GA 30413, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Site of Fort Wood (within shouting distance of this marker); Bartow (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Savannah Road (approx. 1.3 miles away); General Wood's Fort (approx. 1.6 miles away); Tarver's Mill (approx. 3½ miles away); The 20th Corps (approx. 4.1 miles away); Old Sunbury Road (approx. 4½ miles away); a different marker also named Old Sunbury Road (approx. 5.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bartow.
Categories. • Notable Places • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 28, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,063 times since then and 38 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 28, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. 5. submitted on November 17, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 6. submitted on November 19, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.