Riddleville in Washington County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
The town was incorporated and named Riddleville, in honor of Mr. Anderson Riddle, by an act of the Georgia Legislature in 1859.
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 150-3.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 54.433′ N, 82° 40.011′ Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Harrison GA 31035, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. New Hope Methodist Church (approx. 4.2 miles away); Historic Highways (approx. 5.8 miles away); Sherman's Left Wing (approx. 6.3 miles away); Colby Smith (approx. 7.8 miles away); David A. Gordon (approx. 8 miles away); Tarver's Mill (approx. 8 miles away); Sherman and Hardee at Tennille (approx. 8.7 miles away); Tennille (approx. 8.7 miles away).
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Education • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 30, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 746 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on July 30, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2. submitted on November 12, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.