McDonough in Henry County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 075-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 26.866′ N, 84° 8.811′ W. Marker is in McDonough, Georgia, in Henry County. Marker is on John Frank Ward Boulevard (Georgia Route 20) 0 miles west of Macon Street (U.S. 23), on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. The marker is in front of the new addition to the Henry County Courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: McDonough GA 30253, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured The Right Wing at McDonough (approx. 0.6 miles away); Ola Schoolhouse (approx. 1.6 miles away); McDonough Public Library (approx. 1.6 miles away); Detached Cookhouse (approx. 1.6 miles away); Steam Locomotive (approx. 1.6 miles away); Miller's Saw Mill Replica (approx. 1.6 miles away); Clements Log Cabin (approx. 1.6 miles away); The Huey UH-1H Was the Work Horse of Vietnam (approx. 1.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in McDonough.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Churches, Etc. • Government • Patriots & Patriotism • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 2, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,063 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 2, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.