Watkinsville in Oconee County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1954. (Marker Number 108-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 51.804′ N, 83° 24.582′ W. Marker is in Watkinsville, Georgia, in Oconee County. Marker is at the intersection of North Main Street (Georgia Route 15) and Court Street, on the right when traveling south on North Main Street. Touch for map. The marker stands in front of the Oconee County Courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Watkinsville GA 30677, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Stoneman Raid (within shouting distance of this marker); Eagle Tavern (within shouting distance of this marker); Birthplace of Bishop A. G. Haygood and Miss Laura A. Haygood (approx. 0.4 miles away); E. D. Stroud School (approx. one mile away); Jeannette Rankin's Georgia Home (approx. 2.2 miles away); William Bartram Trail (approx. 3.4 miles away); John Andrew (approx. 4.4 miles away); Elder Mill Covered Bridge (approx. 4.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Watkinsville.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Government • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 5, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 859 times since then and 33 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on August 5, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide shot of the marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?