Erie in Erie County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Lawrence and Niagara
Flagships of Commodore Perry
Erected 1913 by Erie County Historical Society.
Location. 42° 7.545′ N, 80° 6.51′ W. Marker is in Erie, Pennsylvania, in Erie County. Marker is at the intersection of West 2nd Street and Cascade Street, on the left when traveling west on West 2nd Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Erie PA 16507, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Cascade Creek (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Perry's Shipyards (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Cascade Street Docks (approx. 0.3 miles away); Charles Vernon Gridley (approx. 0.4 miles away); 21st Century Erie (approx. 0.4 miles away); Bayfront Metamorphosis (approx. 0.4 miles away); Presque Isle and the Bay (approx. 0.6 miles away); Industrial Erie (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Erie.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
Categories. • Military • War of 1812 • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 6, 2009, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 738 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 7, 2009, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.