Knoxville in Crawford County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 039-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 43.474′ N, 83° 59.878′ W. Marker is in Knoxville, Georgia, in Crawford County. Marker is at the intersection of East Cruselle Street (U.S. 80) and Fairplay Hill Road, on the right when traveling east on East Cruselle Street. Touch for map. The marker is located at the Crawford County Courthouse, built in 1832. Marker is in this post office area: Knoxville GA 31050, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies Alexis de Tocqueville (here, next to this marker); Federal Wire Road (a few steps from this marker); Joanna Troutman (a few steps from this marker); William Bartram Trail (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named William Bartram Trail (approx. ¾ mile away); Clarence Moseley “Ribs” Peel (approx. 0.8 miles away); Creek Agency - Old Agency (approx. 6½ miles away); a different marker also named William Bartram Trail (approx. 9.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Knoxville.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Government • Political Subdivisions • War, Texas Independence •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 7, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,095 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on August 7, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2. submitted on February 27, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.