Glen Arm in Baltimore County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Gunpowder Copper Works
1804 - 1883
Erected 1967 by Baltimore County Historical Society.
Location. 39° 25.371′ N, 76° 29.754′ W. Marker is in Glen Arm, Maryland, in Baltimore County. Marker is on Harford Road (Maryland Route 147) 0.2 miles north of Factory Road, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Kingsville MD 21087, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Indian Rock (approx. 1.8 miles away); Germantown (approx. 1.9 miles away); Perry Hall (approx. 2.2 miles away); Gunpowder Falls State Park (approx. 2.8 miles away); Harry Dorsey Gough (approx. 2.8 miles away); a different marker also named Harry Dorsey Gough (approx. 3 miles away); Camp Chapel (approx. 3.1 miles away); The Sweathouse Road (approx. 3˝ miles away).
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Notable Buildings • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 29, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 2,435 times since then. Last updated on August 10, 2009, by John T. Marck of Glen Arm, Maryland. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 29, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.