Nokesville in Prince William County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Confederate veterans helped to erect Asbury Church. They included Master Carpenter Frank Colvin of Catlett, Va. and John Herndon, Haywood Herndon and Newton Sayers of the Aden area.
Erected 1985 by Prince William County Historical Commission. (Marker Number 36.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Virginia, Prince William County Historical Commission marker series.
Location. 38° 38.834′ N, 77° 32.509′ W. Marker is in Nokesville, Virginia, in Prince William County. Marker is on Fleetwood Drive (County Route 611), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 14113 Fleetwood Drive, Nokesville VA 20181, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the Cedar Run Court House Site (approx. 2.3 miles away); Second Prince William County Courthouse (approx. 2.6 miles away but has been reported missing); Colonial Road (approx. 3.1 miles away); Brentsville – 1822 Tavern Site (approx. 3.7 miles away); Brentsville - Union Church (approx. 3.7 miles away); a different marker also named Brentsville – 1822 Tavern Site (approx. 3.7 miles away); Brentsville – The Tavern (approx. 3.7 miles away); Brentsville –Tavern Cellar (approx. 3.7 miles away).
Also see . . .
1. Asbury’s Deathplace Marker. (Submitted on August 30, 2007, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia.)
2. Mt. Olivet Cemetery. Final resting place of Bishop Asbury. (Submitted on September 20, 2007, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Notable Buildings • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 30, 2007, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,565 times since then and 38 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 30, 2007, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.