Lexington in Lexington County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Lexington Baptist Church
This church was constituted May 21, 1893, with ten charter members. The original one-room frame building, dedicated 1894 and located on land given by James C. Fort, was across Main Street about 600 feet east of here. The congregation of about 150 with W.C. Wallace as pastor, moved here June 6, 1926, upon completing this house of worship.
Erected 1993 by Congregation of Lexington Baptist Church. (Marker Number 32-22.)
Location. 33° 58.767′ N, 81° 13.983′ W. Marker is in Lexington, South Carolina, in Lexington County. Marker is at the intersection of Creps Street and East Main Street (U.S. 1), on the right when traveling south on Creps Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 308 East Main Street, Lexington SC 29072, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 10 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lexington County Veterans Monument (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lexington County Confederate Monument (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lexington County World War I Monument (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lexington Courthouses (approx. 0.2 miles away); Old Time Religion (approx. 0.3 miles away); St. Stephen's Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); Tomb of Dr. E.L. Hazelius (approx. 0.4 miles away); Hazelius House (approx. 0.7 miles away); Kitchen (approx. 0.7 miles away); John Fox House (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lexington.
Also see . . . Lexington Baptist Church. Official website of Lexington Baptist Church. (Submitted on September 5, 2009, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 5, 2009, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 656 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. submitted on September 5, 2009, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.