Columbus in Muscogee County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1993 by Historic Chattahoochee Commission, Muscogee County School District, and Radcliffonians.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Rosenwald Schools marker series.
Location. 32° 27.376′ N, 84° 57.198′ W. Marker is in Columbus, Georgia, in Muscogee County. Marker is on Radcliff Avenue 0 miles north of Martin Luther King Avenue, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. The marker stands in a church parking lot, the former site of the school. Marker is at or near this postal address: Opposite 526 Radcliff Avenue, Columbus GA 31906, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Elms (approx. one mile away); Wynnton School Library (approx. one mile away); The Cedars (approx. 1.2 miles away); 1918 Diamond Jubilee 1993 Camp Benning / Fort Benning (approx. 1.2 miles away); Carson McCullers (approx. 1.3 miles away); He Helped Bring And Keep Fort Benning (approx. 1.4 miles away); Circus Train Wreck Memorial (approx. 1.5 miles away); William H. Spencer High School (approx. 1.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Columbus.
Categories. • 20th Century • African Americans • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 12, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 885 times since then and 26 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on September 12, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide shot of the marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?