Columbus in Muscogee County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Columbus’ Original Source of Water
Erected 1989 by Historic Chattahoochee Commission and the Columbus Water Works.
Location. 32° 29.15′ N, 84° 57.762′ W. Marker is in Columbus, Georgia, in Muscogee County. Marker is on Country Club Road 0 miles east of Cherokee Avenue, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2001 Country Club Road, Columbus GA 31906, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. “Wildwood” (approx. 0.2 miles away); St. Elmo (approx. 0.3 miles away); He Helped Bring And Keep Fort Benning Carson McCullers (approx. 0.8 miles away); Eugene J. Bullard, 1895-1961 / World’s First Black Combat Aviator (approx. 0.9 miles away); Secondary Industrial School (approx. 0.9 miles away); The Cedars (approx. 0.9 miles away); 1918 Diamond Jubilee 1993 Camp Benning / Fort Benning (approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Columbus.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Bridges & Viaducts • Industry & Commerce • Natural Resources •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 16, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 981 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on September 16, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2, 3, 4. submitted on May 21, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.