Boise in Ada County, Idaho — The American West (Mountains)
Boise State University
Originating as an Episcopalian academy founded in 1892, this institution was located a mile north of here until 1940, when Boise's municipal airport, located here became available for a large new campus. Christ's Chapel -- Boise's original Episcopalian church building, built downtown in 1866, was moved to this site for permanent preservation in 1963.
Erected by Idaho Historical Society. (Marker Number 402.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Idaho State Historical Society marker series.
Location. 43° 36.212′ N, 116° 11.665′ W. Marker is in Boise, Idaho, in Ada County. Marker is on Campus Lane 0.1 miles west of Broadway Avenue (U.S. 20/26), on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Located on Boise State University campus near Bronco Stadium and Boise Greenbelt. Marker is in this post office area: Boise ID 83706, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Airmail Service (here, next to this marker); Warm Springs Avenue (approx. half a mile away); Jesus Urquides, Circa 1870 Jesus Urquides Packs a Mule, 1925 (approx. 0.6 miles away); Urquides Village, Southern Edge, circa 1958 (approx. 0.6 miles away); Maria Dolores (Lola) Binnard, circa 1910 (approx. 0.6 miles away); Abraham Lincoln (approx. 0.6 miles away); Sacajawea and Pomp (approx. ¾ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Boise.
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 25, 2009, by Rebecca Maxwell of Boise, Idaho. This page has been viewed 1,278 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 25, 2009, by Rebecca Maxwell of Boise, Idaho. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.