Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Lutherville-Timonium in Baltimore County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Saters Church

1742

 
 
Saters Church 1742 Marker image. Click for full size.
By William Pfingsten, September 3, 2007
1. Saters Church 1742 Marker
Inscription. On land granted by the Fifth Lord Baltimore, Henry Sater, gentleman planter, founded this first church of Baptists in Maryland. To the congregation he deeded a plot and chapel “forever to the end of the world.”
 
Erected 1962 by Maryland Historical Society.
 
Location. 39° 26.172′ N, 76° 40.939′ W. Marker is in Lutherville-Timonium, Maryland, in Baltimore County. Marker is at the intersection of Falls Road (Maryland Route 25) and Saters Lane, on the left when traveling north on Falls Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lutherville Timonium MD 21093, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named Saterís Church (approx. ľ mile away); Brooklandwood Plantation (approx. 0.4 miles away); Huntís Church (approx. 2.4 miles away); Rockland (approx. 2.6 miles away); Baltimore and Susquehanna Railroad Marble Track Bed (approx. 2.6 miles away); Jones Falls Watershed (approx. 2.6 miles away); The Garrison Fort (approx. 2.9 miles away); Lutherville Historic District (approx. 3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lutherville-Timonium.
 
Categories. Cemeteries & Burial SitesChurches, Etc.Colonial EraNotable Persons
 
Chestnut Ridge Baptist Church image. Click for full size.
By William Pfingsten, September 3, 2007
2. Chestnut Ridge Baptist Church
Marker is on the grounds of Chestnut Ridge Baptist Church. Saters Church is located approximately .4 miles further down Saters Lane.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 3, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 2,968 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on September 3, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement