Towson in Baltimore County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
A Methodist Society Established in 1773.
Erected by Baltimore County Historical Society.
Location. 39° 24.573′ N, 76° 39.255′ W. Marker is in Towson, Maryland, in Baltimore County. Marker is at the intersection of Joppa Road and Old Court Road, on the right when traveling east on Joppa Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1912 Old Court Road, Towson MD 21204, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Rockland (approx. 0.9 miles away); Nicholas Ruxton Moore (approx. one mile away); The Colored Methodist Protestant St. Johnís Chapel of Baltimore County (approx. 1.2 miles away); Lutherville Historic District (approx. 1.7 miles away); Brooklandwood Plantation (approx. 2 miles away); Fire Power (approx. Saters Church (approx. 2.4 miles away); a different marker also named Saterís Church (approx. 2.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Towson.
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Colonial Era • Notable Persons •
More. Search the internet for Huntís Church.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 17, 2019. This page originally submitted on September 3, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,906 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 3, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Photo of Phineas Huntís grave site • Can you help?