Cap-des-Rosiers in Gaspésie-Îles de la Madeleine MRC, Quebec — French Canadian Region
to the memory of
on April 28th 1847
are buried here
Pray for their souls
Parishioners of St Patricks
Rev. J. Quinlivan P.P.
Erected 1890 by St Patricks Parish, Montreal.
Location. 48° 51.348′ N, 64° 12.036′ W. Marker is in Cap-des-Rosiers, Quebec, in Gaspésie-Îles de la Madeleine MRC. Marker is on Quebec Route 132, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Just outside (north) of Forillon National Park and just south of the Cap-des-Rosiers Lighthouse on Rt. 132. Coordinates are for the lighthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Cap-des-Rosiers, Quebec G4X, Canada.
Regarding Carricks Monument. In 1858, as a result of this shipwreck, the Canadian government built a lighthouse on the spit of land where the Carricks had run aground. Today, it's the tallest lighthouse in Canada.
Also see . . .
1. Remains of Sligo's forgotten Famine ship emerge from Canada's icy waters. This article was published in the Sligo Champion on May 13, 2009. (Submitted on October 1, 2009.)
2. Navigating the Lower Saint Lawrence in the 19th Century. (Submitted on February 20, 2011, by Gilbert R. Bossé of Métis-sur-Mer, QC, Canada.)
Additional keywords. Shipwreck Ireland
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on October 4, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 30, 2009, by Nora Galvin of Bridgeport, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 2,744 times since then and 29 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on September 30, 2009, by Nora Galvin of Bridgeport, Connecticut. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Wide area picture of the marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?