Roundhead in Hardin County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Founded in 1832 on the
site of the Indian village
led by Chili Stiahia
better known as Roundhead
an ally of the British in
the War of 1812
Roundhead Township was organized 1832
Until March 1833 was part of Logan County
Erected 1960 by The Historical Society of Roundhead.
Location. 40° 33.689′ N, 83° 50.383′ W. Marker is in Roundhead, Ohio, in Hardin County. Touch for map. Marker is next to the baseball field in the park behind the location of the former Roundhead School, off Ohio Route 117 on the northwest side of the village. Marker is in this post office area: Roundhead OH 43346, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Roundhead Veterans Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Roundhead School (within shouting distance of this marker); Chief Roundhead's Village (approx. ¼ mile away); Headwaters of Scioto River (approx. 2.2 miles away); Manchester School (approx. 3.1 miles away); Orchard Island Post Office Bickham Bridge - 1877 (approx. 6 miles away); Belle Center Jail (approx. 6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Roundhead.
Also see . . . Chief Roundhead. (Submitted on October 2, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Native Americans • Notable Persons • Settlements & Settlers • War of 1812 •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 2, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 764 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 2, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.