Lakeland in Lanier County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Home of Governor E. D. Rivers
Erected 2002 by Georgia Historical Society, LILA, Inc., Lanier County Lions Club, Farmers and Merchants Bank, and Lakeland-Lanier Chamber of Commerce. (Marker Number 86-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 31° 2.266′ N, 83° 5.475′ W. Marker is in Lakeland, Georgia, in Lanier County. Marker is on West Main Street (Georgia Route 122) 0.1 miles west of North Pine Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1051 West Main Street, Lakeland GA 31635, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. Joshua Lee (approx. 0.3 miles away); Lanier County (approx. one mile away); Union Baptist Church (approx. 1.7 miles away); Union Church Cemetery (approx. 2.7 miles away); Burnt Church (approx. 2.7 miles away); Fender Cemetery (approx. 3.4 miles away); Site: Franklinville (approx. 11.7 miles away); Skirmish at Cow Creek (approx. 13.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lakeland.
Also see . . . Governor E.D. Rivers. A New Georgia Enclyclopedia article on E.D. Rivers. (Submitted on October 9, 2009.)
Categories. • 20th Century • Government • Notable Persons • Politics •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 4, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,061 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on October 4, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2, 3, 4. submitted on February 5, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.