Near Trempealeau in Trempealeau County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
1685 – 86
Reoccupied by Godefroy de Linctot
Remains discovered in 1887 by Judge
B.F. Heuston and Georege H. Squier
aided by Antoine Grignon
Dedicated September 6, 1926
State Historical Society of Wisconsin
Erected 1926 by the State Historical Society of Wisconsin.
Location. 44° 0.866′ N, 91° 28.39′ W. Marker is near Trempealeau, Wisconsin, in Trempealeau County. Marker is on Sullivan Road / South Park Road 1.3 miles west of Spring Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in Perrot State Park (fee area). Marker is at or near this postal address: W26247 Sullivan Road, Trempealeau WI 54661, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Perrot's Post (here, next to this marker); Brady's Bluff (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Geology of Perrot State Park (approx. 0.9 miles away); James Allen Reed / Trempealeau (approx. 1.7 miles away); The Mississippi River Parkway: (approx. 2½ miles away); Pickwick Mill Historic Lake Labelle (approx. 2.6 miles away in Minnesota); Gale College Historic District (approx. 6.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Trempealeau.
Also see . . . Excavations at Perrot's Post. (Submitted on October 12, 2009.)
Categories. • Exploration •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 12, 2009, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 917 times since then and 137 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 5, 2012, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.