Vincennes in Knox County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
State Bank of Indiana
This branch was built by John Moore by 1838, saved by the Francis Vigo Chapter, DAR, in 1958, and restored by Indiana in 1964, under Governor Matthew E. Welsh.
Erected by Historical and Antiquarian Society of Vincennes, Gamma Zeta Chapter of Kappa Kappa Kappa, Inc.
Location. 38° 40.838′ N, 87° 31.871′ W. Marker is in Vincennes, Indiana, in Knox County. Marker is on North 2nd Street north of Busseron Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Vincennes IN 47591, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Grand Opera House (here, next to this marker); Ellis Mansion (a few steps from this marker); Home of Francis Vigo (a few steps from this marker); Vincennes in the American Revolution (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site of House Occupied as Headquarters (about 600 feet away); Gold Star - - Honor Roll Fort Knox, First Site (about 600 feet away); The Old Cathedral “French and Indian” Cemetery (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Vincennes.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Landmarks • Notable Buildings • Notable Places • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 14, 2009, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. This page has been viewed 537 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on October 14, 2009, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.