Augusta in Richmond County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Medical College Building
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 121-14.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 28.248′ N, 81° 57.798′ W. Marker is in Augusta, Georgia, in Richmond County. Marker is on Telfair Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 598 Telfair Street, Augusta GA 30901, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Eve (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Medical College (within shouting distance of this marker); The First Presbyterian Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named The First Presbyterian Church (about 300 feet away); General George Washington (about 500 feet away); Army National Guard (about 500 feet away); Richmond County (about 500 feet away); Boyhood Home of Woodrow Wilson (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Augusta.
Also see . . . Old Medical College Building. The Old Medical College Building is a National Historic Landmark. This NPS site provides further information on the building, including photos. (Submitted on October 23, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Education • Notable Buildings • Science & Medicine •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 18, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 799 times since then and 21 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on October 18, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.