Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Waterford in Loudoun County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
 

The Tin Shop

 
 
The Tin Shop Marker image. Click for full size.
By Roger Dean Meyer, July 14, 2007
1. The Tin Shop Marker
Inscription. 15481 Second Street • Built 1875–1885 • Historic Use — Housed harness-making, tin roofing and tinware businesses; post office (1885–1897) • Current Use — Waterford Fair; office space

The Tin Shop is built over a creek which flooded periodically, once washing the postmistress and mail downstream.

The Tin Shop was acquired by the Waterford Foundation in 1984. An easement is held by the Virginia Department of Historic Resources.
 
Erected by Waterford Foundation.
 
Location. 39° 11.279′ N, 77° 36.706′ W. Marker is in Waterford, Virginia, in Loudoun County. Marker is on Second Street 0.1 miles south of Main Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 15481 Second St., Waterford VA 20197, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mutual Fire Insurance Company of Loudoun County (within shouting distance of this marker); Waterford (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Waterford Baptist Church (about 700 feet away); Independent Loudoun Virginia Rangers
The Tin Shop as it appears today. image. Click for full size.
By Roger Dean Meyer, July 14, 2007
2. The Tin Shop as it appears today.
(approx. 0.2 miles away); Waterford - An Old Mill Town (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Waterford Mill (approx. 0.2 miles away); How it Works (approx. 0.2 miles away); Paeonian Springs Station (approx. 2.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Waterford.
 
More about this marker. Marker is located on the side of the building.
 
Also see . . .  Waterford Virtual Walking Tour. This link has photos of a number of old buildings in Waterford including the Tin Shop. (Submitted on September 7, 2007, by Roger Dean Meyer of Yankton, South Dakota.) 
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
The Tin Shop in 1919 image. Click for full size.
By Roger Dean Meyer, July 14, 2007
3. The Tin Shop in 1919
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 7, 2007, by Roger Dean Meyer of Yankton, South Dakota. This page has been viewed 870 times since then and 35 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on September 7, 2007, by Roger Dean Meyer of Yankton, South Dakota. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement