Matamoras in Pike County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Old Stone Fort
Erected 1947 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Location. 41° 22.078′ N, 74° 41.685′ W. Marker is in Matamoras, Pennsylvania, in Pike County. Marker is at the intersection of 1st Street and Avenue P, on the right when traveling east on 1st Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Matamoras PA 18336, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Mid – Delaware (approx. ¼ mile away); Delaware River (approx. ¼ mile away); Toll House (approx. 0.3 miles away in New York); The Erie Depot (approx. 0.3 miles away in New York); Port Jervis (approx. half a mile away in New York); Banach Olympic Circle (approx. half a mile away in New York); Erie Turntable (approx. 0.6 miles away in New York); Cole’s Fort (approx. 0.6 miles away in New York). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Matamoras.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Native Americans • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 25, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 955 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 25, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.