Douglas in Coffee County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Tri - Hi - Y International
on this site, in 1930
Founder Dr. Jesse Lee Fortney,
Superintendent of Douglas Public Schools
Faculty Sponsor - Miss Agnes McNair
Adult Advisors - Misses Kate Outen and Mary
Stanford; Mesdames L.E. Heath and F.M. Chalker
Eleanor Bailey • Sula Nahara • Azalee Taylor •
Dorothy Barrett • Christine O'Farrell • Willie Mae Taylor •
Elizabeth Brown • Marie O'Farrell • Anna Belle Thompson •
Annie Frances Clower • Kathryn Outen • Ruby Thompson •
Kathryn Coble • Rosemary Peterson • Miriam Touchron •
Laverne Lewis • Jackie Preston • Lucille Vickers •
Helen Mingledorff • Mable Claire Strickland • Mary Frances Wallace •
Erected 1970 by Mayor B.D. Davis, City Commissioners of Douglas Georgia.
Location. 31° 30.474′ N, 82° 50.964′ W. Marker is in Douglas, Georgia, in Coffee County. Marker is on South Madison Avenue (U.S. 441) near Ashley Street (State Road 32), on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Douglas GA 31533, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the Coffee County (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named Coffee County (about 400 feet away); Coffee County Confederate Monument (about 500 feet away); Raymond-Richardson Aviation School (approx. 2 miles away); Sand Hill Missionary Baptist Church (approx. 6.5 miles away).
Categories. • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 11, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,960 times since then and 35 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 11, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.